Dean of Student Welfare Message
There is a fundamental relation between land and mind. Both need to be cultivated, nurtured, managed and maintained. The uncultivated land, whatever may be the level of fertility is a liability with full of weeds and unwanted plants. Similarly, uncultivated mind, whatever may be the degree of intelligence will be a burden.
The Directorate of Student Welfare is committed to the art of man making process. It advocates the comprehensive development of student personalities such as curricular and co curricular activities.
The Directorate is designed to look after the students need in the University primarily focusing on their personality development. Some of the important functions are:
- Quality Man Power Generation
- Performance management System
- Achievement Motivation
- Development of target oriented personality
In the light of such defined paths, the institution of student welfare looks after the following functions:
- Providing counseling service to students.
- Organizing sports and cultural activities.
- Conducting capacity building programs and offering training and orientation towards competitive examinations.
- Looking after the hostels and other student amenities.
- Career guidance.
- Placement opportunities such as campus selection.
- Establishing linkages with corporate, Government, and other institutions to provide versatile opportunities to the students.
- Monitoring and managing higher standards and discipline in the campus.
- Collect reports and information regarding the Govt. orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe including women fraternity in the university.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Providing a confidential listening and referral service.
- Representing students on University committees in relation to student welfare.
- Dealing with individual requests from students.
- Keeping the Executive and students informed of all welfare matters and policies.
- Organize and Chair the Welfare forum.
- Providing welfare information through the publication of leaflets, posters or books.
- Reviewing and drafting welfare policy.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
(a). Make arrangements to ensure suitable housing facilities for students.
(b). Arrange for employment of students in accordance with plans approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
(c). Communicate with the guardian of the students concerning the welfare of students.
(d). Obtain travel facilities for students.
(e). Assist the students in obtaining Scholarships, Studentships, etc by giving them information relating thereto
(f). Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the vice-chancellor.
Specialized Services Provided:
The Dean of Student Welfare, Dr. M.S. Vignesh is specialized in counseling and Communication Therapy. His services are much sought in different institutions and Universities both in India and abroad. Following are some of the important designed training and orientation programs:
- Performance Management System in the Indian Universities,
- Finance logistics and debt management,
- Personality Development & Public Relations
- Procedures of effective Student Counseling
- Achievement Motivation.
- Creative Thinking & Effective Communication.
- Effective Entrepreneurship.
- Preparation for Competitive Exams.
- The Art of Facing Interviews &Group Discussions
- Crisis Management.
- Rural Entrepreneurship Development.
- Rural man power management